Office Manager (Maternity Cover) - SUMO NEWCASTLE
8 days ago
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Newcastle joined the Sumo Digital family in January of 2018. As a former CCP Games studio, we have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and now with Sumo, a spectacular future of ‘AAA’ game development for some of the biggest and best publishers in the world.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo Newcastle is looking for an experienced office manager to cover maternity leave on an FTC for 8 – 9 months. The role is to ensure the smooth day to day running of the office, whilst maintaining facilities and admin.
Start date 3rd May 2021 - 30 hours per week in our Newcastle studio. (start date can be flexible)
To be successful you will have:
- Previously worked in an office management and administration role
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads.
- Ability to work from own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Capacity to support different requirements from Directors, technical or creative teams.
- Team working skills and confidence communicating to the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Familiarity with legislation in the areas of H&S and HR
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- General day to day office tasks and duties
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Ensuring the office complies with H&S, in conjunction with Group Head of H&S and Facilities
- Ensuring COVID compliance – conducting risk assessments and reviewing any relevant documentation for employees entering the studio
- Organising Fire Safety and First Aid training and documentation
- Building compliance checks – liaising with facilities management company
- Planning arrangements for all new starters and conducting inductions
- Assisting all relocating employees from both within the UK and overseas – keeping up to date with any current legislation
- DSE Assessments
- Monitoring the HR system – daily absence reports
- Monthly and weekly finance submissions – Raising PRs’ / POS’, setting up new suppliers, invoicing, employee expenses and mileage claims, company credit card breakdowns.
- Managing all local facilities, company accounts and contracts
- Organising internal maintenance and repairs – liaising with building management staff
- Studio updates and posts on company’s internal website
- Keeping in touch with the team
- Organising incoming and outgoing deliveries to and from the studio
- Coordinating desk moves with IT.
- Coordinating meeting rooms for internal and external meetings, setting up for refreshments and catering when required
- Arranging all local company events – Summer and Christmas Parties
- Ad-hoc requests / queries from managers and staff / project related tasks
- Management of Junior Studio Co-ordinator
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus
· Share Incentive Plan
· Competitive Pension
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
· 5 Learning Days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
· Game & Book Libraries
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo GameJam
· Big Family Events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
· Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Life Assurance 4x Salary
· Income Protection of 75%
· Relocation Support to the UK
· Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More About The Sumo Newcastle Studio:
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out of office events such as our legendary annual Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and Spyder for Apple Arcade.
We are proud to be in the North-East of England, in our new, purpose-built, state-of-the-art facilities in Riga. Newcastle was voted the number one place that travellers should visit in 2018 by Rough Guide and has everything that a major European city has to offer; culture, heritage, lively bars and fantastic retail. It is an exciting cosmopolitan city while also boasting plenty of beautiful outdoor space including several beaches less than an hour’s drive away.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events.