15 days ago
We are looking for a Technical Director's for our 2D Departments in our VFX/Animation Businesses in India (Bangalore & Mumbai), who will report to the Head of TDs. The chosen candidate will help provide award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges and directly contribute to the overall success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production today.
Working hand-in-hand with our artists and TD team, the chosen candidate will bridge the gap between creative and technical by providing solutions to create the stunning imagery of our films. At Technicolor VFX/Animation, we work in a highly dynamic environment, which requires a calm head, creative thinking, and pragmatic problem-solving skills. Our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders, and all the way through to the users of the system.
- Work closely with assigned production department to aid them in meeting their creative goals.
- Work with artists to resolve technical issues and solve problems before they escalate.
- Develop tools and enhance the pipeline to reduce complexities.
- Write documentation to educate artists and establish best practices.
- Implement solutions for inefficiencies in the production pipeline.
- Anticipate problems and proactively resolve them.
- Work closely with the creative leads and sups to optimize the setups and templates.
- Continue to wedge for solutions, which meets creative needs.
- Aid in designing and implementing tools and workflow in line with studios goals and standards.
- Team-up with HOD's in helping creative teams to become self-sufficient.
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency with Nuke, understanding of how to optimize scripts and debug issues in the script.
- Previous experience in Visual Effects.
- Solid understanding of the Visual Effects pipeline.
- Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Nuke or Silhouette
- Programming/scripting skills (Python, Maya API, C++) for module and tool development.
- Knowledge in using Linux operating system.
- Strong programming ability and technical skills.
- Ability to quickly master proprietary tools and development processes.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, have good communication skills, and be able to independently handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning.
- Well organized with good communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non - technical artist.
- Affinity to problem solving.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Technicolor Creative Studios shares are admitted to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Paris (TCHCS)
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company providing world-class production expertise driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. Home to a network of award-winning studios, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Animation and Technicolor Games, we inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our global teams of artists and technologists partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.