5 days ago
Bungie is looking for a Narrative Lead to focus on supporting our Live team on Destiny 2. The successful candidate has experience leading narrative teams from concept to ship on live service games. As a Narrative Lead, you will partner with the Sr Narrative Lead on a seasonal campaign helping to define the major Narrative beats and moments.
The Narrative Lead works closely with the Creative Lead and is part of a cross-functional leadership team that is responsible for a seasonal release.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Align with the Narrative Director on Destiny pillars and goals
- Collaborate with the Creative Lead and Sr Narrative Lead to establish narrative goals for a given release
- Collaborate with the Sr Narrative Lead to develop and communicate a story vision that supports the Game Pillars through structure, character, and theme
- Advise, direct, and facilitate the development of narrative content through documentation, review, and regular syncs with the small team
- Own the player journey through the narrative campaign of a season
- Work with the project leadership team to set priorities at each stage of development from pre-production through release
- Coordinate with Narrative Discipline Leads to ensure the content meets the product’s narrative goals and supports the Game Pillars
- Ensure narrative scope and schedules align with the production plan and are achievable
- Work alongside Art, Creative, and Design Directors to establish and maintain healthy collaborative processes.
- Provide and encourage clear communication to the development team
- Mentor and guide the team members to level up their narrative craft and core development competencies
- Promote excellence in storytelling craft through feedback and direction
- Identify opportunities to expand and deepen narrative channels
- Promote an inspiring, creative, and enjoyable work environment
- Game industry experience in a creative leadership role on AAA games or MMOs
- Working knowledge of the Destiny universe
- Outstanding communication, diplomacy, and negotiation skills
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of the narrative design development process, including design methodology, craftsmanship, production, and collaboration with external cinematic and voice vendors
- Experience orchestrating high quality, large-scale narrative content across multiple story channels
- Ability to convey a strong narrative vision
- Excellent communication, team-building, and proven leadership skills
- Understanding of game production, design tools, and systems
- Background in writing and a passion for storytelling in non-gaming media
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service")