9 days ago
Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and background impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we’ll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you’re passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
As a Narrative Game Designer you will work collaboratively with the Design and Art teams to create the story, characters, quests, and dialog for our upcoming mid-core strategy game. You will also be responsible for scripting quests, dialog, and events to bring the game to life. Additionally, you will participate in game design sessions and may occasionally focus on feature or other content design. This is an excellent opportunity to shape the direction of an upcoming strategy game.
What you will do
- Work with the Design and Art teams to create the story, characters, and key arcs
- Write Narrative Synopsis, Character Bios, and Major Story Beats
- Write the majority of quests and dialog
- Support localization efforts to make sure our stories read well across the world
- Integrate quests, dialog, and other in-game events using our scripting system
- Participate in game design sessions
- Help design game systems and features
- Shipped two or more commercial video/mobile games as a game designer
- Written quests/dialog for two or more commercial video/mobile games
- Technical proficiency with Unity as a game designer (programming skills not required)
- Passion for gaming and the gaming business, especially F2P or MMO
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to challenge the status quo and think big
- A balanced individual capable of forging productive working relationships with a broad range of personality types and styles.
Fluent in English with interpersonal communications skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.