Music MarkUp Designer / Note Tracker
13 days ago
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy.
Our Audio Team is expanding! We’re looking for a talented Music MarkUp Designer / Note Tracker to join us as we work on further building the success of our music mobile game 'Beatstar'.
You’ll be working with an amazingly talented team at Space Ape in our London studio, along with people behind the success of some of the best games of all time including Clash Royale and Guitar Hero .
Your primary focus will be music editing and gameplay creation for Beatstar. You will also assist with curation and the design of music related content in the game.
You’ll be part of a small team of generalists, collaborating closely with the core team as the game evolves from day to day. Your opinion will be highly valued on everything from new features to marketing as the project moves throughout a dynamic development process.
The most important requirements to succeed in this role are a passion for music, games and the ability to work autonomously. There is no bureaucracy here, we just get things done.
- Musically transcribing rhythms into markup data to create engaging gameplay
- Rigorous playtesting and peer reviewing of that gameplay
- Working with our licensing team to help curate musical content
- Extensive knowledge of popular music across a range of styles and an understanding of how music plays a part of people’s lifestyles
- Comprehensive knowledge of Country Music and its associated culture is a big bonus
- Some experience in game development, in particular content design and experience with Unity preferred. At a minimum you must have a passion for games
- Highly creative with an appreciation of great design and gameplay
- Knowledge of how audio fits in game architectures and pipelines, including relevant hardware, software and compression issues and a passion for improving tools and efficiency
- Understanding of music theory, background in music production with an exceptional ear for musical transcription
- Experience with Wwise is a plus
- Experience with DAWs such as Reaper. Knowledge of MIDI programming is a bonus
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 5 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We recently global launched our exciting new music game, Beatstar! We are also working on a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.