This job might no longer be available.
Music Licensing Specialist
Shanghai Shanghai cn
7 months ago
About this role:
The Music licensing specialist will coordinate the acquisition of music licenses on a variety of projects, to meet the musical needs of the production and marketing teams. He must also ensure the smooth processing of contracts resulting from each use of works.
What you will do:
The main and routine tasks of the Music licensing specialist are to:
- Identify the rights holders of musical works
- Negotiate musical works licenses based on the needs of the production and marketing teams
- Follow up on licenses that are granted and the licensing terms with the production and marketing teams
- Handle the collecting of all the elements related to the licenses (audio files, lyrics, credits) from the licensors and ensure that these elements are transmitted to the production and marketing teams
- Ensure the review, follow-up and processing of contracts and payments related to the licensing of musical works, in partnership with the legal and accounting teams of Ubisoft and music owners;
- Help determine the musical needs of the marketing and production teams
- Help identify and negotiate potential artist partnership opportunities for marketing teams
- Be up to date and able to analyze new trends and music business models of the music industry and gaming industry
- Carry out all other related tasks
Education and relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in administration, management and / or training or relevant experience.
- Four (4) years of experience in a position deemed relevant, ideally in the music industry (record company, music publisher), with an existing network of contacts in Asia’s main music markets.
- Knowledge of the Office suite and of Windows environment
- Communication and relational skills
- Very good organization skills
- Ability to lead several projects at once
- Ability to negotiate and persuade
- Be independent and have the sense of initiative
- Be perfectly bilingual in both Mandarin and English
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com