Montreal QC ca
11 days ago
The Monitoring Team is responsible for supporting IT operations teams with effective monitoring and event management solutions. They have to make sure that the processes and solutions meet the demanding nature of online gaming and distributed applications in a complex, cloud-based and virtualized environment. As a Monitoring Specialist, you will be part of a transversal team charged with developing the necessary toolset for an efficient monitoring ecosystem as well as driving improvements to infrastructure, application and service monitoring within IT.
- Participate in the development cycle of new monitoring and metrics platforms;
- Develop tool-set and automation solutions within the monitoring ecosystem;
- Implement and manage new monitoring platforms/sources backend and content;
- Participate in the implementation of efficient metrics dashboards;
- Participate in the governance of application and infrastructure monitoring design, implementation, customization and support;
- Act as a subject matter expert in DevOps for Monitoring tools and platforms development;
- Configure and maintain a centralize monitoring platforms;
- Provide event logging and historical repositories to aid in the investigation and prevention of incidents, problems and service quality issues;
- Grow the technical skillset of everyone, including your peers though peer mentoring, coaching, training, etc;
- Keep up to date with new DevOps trends and technologies;
Training and relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in IT and operations (NOC experience a plus) with at least 3 years in a large scale enterprise environment;
- 3+ years of experience working with monitoring solutions;
- 1+ years of experience administrating DevOps system.
Skills and knowledge
- Advanced knowledge in Golang and Python;
- Language agnostic mindset (C#, Java, Ruby, PHP, etc);
- Advanced knowledge in container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker);
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Zabbix, Solarwinds, SCOM, Sumo Logic, Splunk, AppDynamics, New Relic, DataDog, Sensu, and Consul;
- Good knowledge of open source monitoring technologies like time-series DBs, metrics dashboards, real-time graphing, graph editors, ELK stack and Vector framework;
- Good understanding of network performance monitoring, application performance management, high-resolution systems monitoring and IT operations analytics;
- Good knowledge on infrastructure protocols to gather element-level event data;
- Bilingual (Oral and written comprehension of French and English).
Skills and knowledge can come in various forms, from a range of experiences. That's why we strongly encourage you to apply even if you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status. The masculine form is used to make the text lighter.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement and a supportive learning environment.