Mobile QA Tester - Crowdstar
10 days ago
At our CrowdStar studio in San Francisco, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. We are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game. We are a close-knit group who believe in a firm work life balance filled with family and room for future advancement.
We are looking for a passionate Mobile QA Tester for our Covet Fashion and Design Home titles. Covet Fashion, in its fourth year, continues to entertain and empower millions of players, with Design Home quickly ramping up to match! With product quality and player happiness being top priorities, our team needs a great Mobile QA Tester to test many large feature releases as we work towards continued growth.
You’ll most often be:
- Reporting defects and confirming fixes
- Using various tools to gather crash logs, console output and network traffic logs
- Build, Test, and Regress on various mobile platforms
- Following and maintaining existing test plans and test cases
- Clearly explaining, both verbally and in writing, the results of various tests that you conduct
- Attending meetings to report progress and critical issues
- Available to work OT and weekends when necessary
At Glu and CrowdStar, we believe in advancing the capabilities of everyone we work with. You’ll be exposed to, and will continue to hone your skills in:
- Building your knowledge base of the fashion industry, brands, influencers and trends
- Being instrumental in building out a product in a new and growing niche for women’s entertainment
- Many opportunities for growth and learning
If all of this sounds exciting to you, we’ve found that those with these passions and skill/experience background were best setup for success. If you have a passion for:
- Being the calm in a storm, balancing multiple spinning plates at once
- Prioritizing and multitasking in an ever changing and fast paced environment
- Strong analytic skills and creative problem solving
- Scripting or programming, to delve deeper into grey/white box testing opportunities
- Social and Mobile games!
And your skills and experience include the following, then please apply!:
- 1+ years in software QA testing in a video game industry
- Knowledge of various debugging tools including but not limited to: JIRA, Charles Web Proxy, xCode, ADB
- A demonstrated expertise in black / grey box testing
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- Good knowledge of iOS, Android and Amazon platforms
Bonus if you have:
- Computer science degree and some programming or scripting skills.
- ISTQB Foundation Certification – CTFL