This job might no longer be available.
Middle/Senior 3D Character Artist
4 months ago
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including characters, creatures and weapons in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications.
- Collaborating with the animation tech team to help define modeling standards for rigging, deformation, and simulation within performance budgets, and other run-time requirement.
- Verify the quality of objects in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Understand, adapt and follow the direction set and the timeline by art directors. Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry.
- At least 5 years of experience in character modelling or any other relevant experience, preferably in the video game industry
- Expert knowledge of 3DSMax
- Good knowledge of Photoshop
- Good knowledge of ZBrush and Substance Painter
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, etc.)
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating high level of artistic creativity
- Strong high & low resolution modeling and texturing skills
- Familiarity with game development cycle
- Good understanding of human anatomy
- Solid understanding of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations
- Good English communication skills
- Good communication skills, ability to efficiently collaborate with members of different teams
- Attention to details
- Passion for a career in the games industry
- Problem-solving and open-minded
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Working well in a team environment
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Updating job knowledge proactively
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Medical / Life insurance
- English / French courses
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
Hanging challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. In Ukraine Ubisoft has two studios, Ubisoft Kiev and Ubisoft Odesa, which focus on strengthening Ubisoft's presence on all platforms, with the main expertize in PC. Ubisoft Kiev was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest GameDev studios in Ukraine that collaborated on blockbusters like Assassin's Creed®, Far Cry®, Steep®, Watch Dogs®, Trials®, Rainbow Six®, Ghost Recon ® and more. Ubisoft Odesa was opened in March 2018 and takes part in the development of Ubisoft’s world-known franchises.