This job might no longer be available.
Mid to Senior Game Designer, Events - Diablo IV
17 days ago
Job Title:Mid to Senior Game Designer, Events - Diablo IV
The minions of Hell grow stronger! Our horde of diabolically talented developers is expanding. While our backgrounds are varied, we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
The Diablo IV team is looking for a Game Designer who has an interest in creating compelling scripted repeatable content to help bring the world of Sanctuary to life as never seen before.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design, build and maintain repeatable content for the heroes of Sanctuary
- Be the point of contact for the design and implementation working with various disciplines like engineering and art
- Collaborate with system and monster designers to determine rewards and best encounters practices
- Own the design vision of your content while also driving iteration based on feedback from your team, leadership, and the broader studio
- Create and maintain clear and concise design documentation
- 3+ years of experience in game design with at least 1 shipped game
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong familiarity with text-based scripting languages; preferably LUA
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to bring various disciplines together to develop pipelines and deliver polished game content
- Ability to self-start and be self-sufficient while also willing to seek guidance and answers
- Ability to champion your ideas and vision through prototyping
- Desire to contribute to a positive, creatively driven, highly collaborative, and inclusive work environment
Knowledge & Skills
- Cross disciplinary skills
- Strong understanding of isometric ARPG / open world gameplay
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values — specifically, within the gothic dark fantasy of Diablo
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games and specifically the Diablo series
- (Optional): Portfolio or examples of prior design work
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.