Mid or Senior Encounter Designer – Unannounced Project
19 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Mid or Senior Encounter Designer – Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced game designer to envision, create, polish, and tune the boss encounters, enemy mechanics, and combat experiences in one of our exciting unannounced projects! You will collaborate with the team’s design leadership to build gameplay experiences that inspire, satisfy, and challenge our players. You will have an opportunity to be both creative and technical as you build epic, Blizzard-quality replayable experiences.
As our ideal candidate, you have proven design experience, outstanding people skills, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, a keen eye for aesthetics, boundless creativity, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- A minimum of 3 years of game development experience, including mid-level or senior experience
- A minimum of 2 years of content creation experience (encounter design, level design, or other)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative
- Absolute passion for playing and making games
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard games
- Experience designing multiplayer games, open-world games, RPGs, or MMOs
- Experience managing and/or mentoring others
- Experience working on mobile titles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which includes:
- Why you are interested in joining Blizzard Entertainment
- Your experience and relationship with Blizzard games
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.