This job might no longer be available.
Mid/Senior Encounter Designer - World of Warcraft
3 months ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Mid/Senior Encounter Designer - World of Warcraft
Encounter Designers are responsible for the ongoing development of high-quality raid and dungeon content in World of Warcraft. This includes creative design, technical implementation, and careful attention to details such as balance and polish. The ideal candidate will have proven design experience, outstanding people skills, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, a keen eye for aesthetics, boundless creativity, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- A minimum of 3 years of game development experience, including midlevel or senior experience on a shipped product
- A minimum of 2 years of content creation experience (encounter design, level design, or other)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Experience playing through many dungeons or raid encounters
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Warcraft Universe and Lore
- Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.