Mid-Level Technical Producer
16 days ago
Who We Are
Second Dinner is an award-winning independent game development studio that is here to make the most fun games in the world. Not super fun games. Not SUPER DUPER fun games. We mean the MOST fun games. In fact, our game MARVEL SNAP has earned multiple Mobile Game of the Year Awards (Game Awards , DICE ), Best Strategy Game (IGN) , and the Apple Design Award for Innovation !
Second Dinner is a remote-first studio, so while we are headquartered in Irvine, California, most of our team is fully remote across the United States. We want the most talented teammates wherever they call home. A diverse team with varied perspectives makes us a better company and will help us make better games. If you can bring something new to the table and expand our point of view, that's a huge upside.
Our Production Team
The Production Team at Second Dinner has a goal of shipping two things: an awesome team and an awesome game. We strive to support the team in doing the work they love to do by removing roadblocks, aligning with our north star, and keeping our scope and priorities in check. We care a lot about making great games, and part of that is fostering a healthy team through maintaining a project scope that doesn’t require overtime, pairing work with people that focuses on their zone of genius, and creating best practices for sustainable game development.
You will report to the Principal Producer in charge of development operations. Your primary responsibility is to partner with the backend and platform teams to ensure smooth release cycles and live operations of Marvel Snap worldwide. If you love crafting world-class game experiences and collaborating with extraordinarily talented cross-functional teams, then APPLY!
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the pipeline between Second Dinner and our publishing partner in China, providing key deliverables and information to ensure a smooth dev process
- Oversee end-to-end deployment of the live game
- Evolve and maintain best practices for development operations
- Coordinate with the Marvel Snap team to ensure their engineers and analysts have the tools they need to build a world-class game
- Work with the data engineering team to build plan to improve Second Dinner's data infrastructure to support its growing needs
- Coordinate release schedules for hotfixes with our publishing partner, marketing, QA, engineers, product, and design
- Follow a checklist to build, deploy and release updates to the game and make live configuration changes
- Manage our client build configurations and provisioning profiles
- Proactively identify and mitigate bottlenecks to keep the team running smoothly
- Ensure the team works at a sustainable pace and continuously improves
- Production nuts and bolts: task tracking, bug assignment, running retrospectives, running meetings
- Champion the project vision to the team
What You’ll Need:
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Experience shipping and supporting a live game or live service as a technical producer or technical program manager
- High levels of empathy and support for team members
- Positive and optimistic leadership style and the ability to stay cool under pressure
- Excellent and flexible communication skills whether in person, over Zoom, or in writing
- Comfortable with ambiguity while working to reduce the cone of uncertainty
- Love for playing and making great games
Nice to Have But Not Necessary:
The total compensation for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $110,000 - $170,000 USD + equity + comprehensive benefits + potential for discretionary performance bonuses.
Individual pay within this salary range may span multiple levels within the discipline and is determined by assessed job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training. It also factors in market demands and business needs. The disclosed range is not adjusted based on location and may be subject to change or modification based on business needs in the future. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process.
An overview of the benefits and perks at Second Dinner:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans with Second Dinner paying 100% of premiums for employees and 75% for dependents for many plans
- 401(k) contribution with no waiting period
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with no waiting period
- Home office improvement bonus
- Paid Vacation & Sick time
- Remote-first with core overlap hours between 10AM and 4PM PT
- Company Winter Holiday shutdown (Dec 25-Jan 1)
- Company Summer Holiday shutdown (week of July 4)
- Company Events - In-person Summer all-hands gathering, in-person holiday party, annual camping event, and virtual events throughout the year
We are an equal opportunity employer that places high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military status, or veteran status.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.