This job might no longer be available.
Merchandise Licensing Associate
Los Angeles, CA
11 months ago
Riot Games Merchandise wants every League IP fan - past, present, and future - to feel proud to express their love of our IP through physical merchandise. We aim to build phenomenal products that legitimize that expression. From cute collectible figurines that brighten up any desk, to an exclusive PROJECT: Hoodie that is only available to players who completed the PROJECT missions in game, we look to create meaningful product experiences that fit into our players’ lifestyle and passions.
As a Merchandise Licensing Associate, you will report into the Merchandise Manager. You’re the gateway between the League of Legends IP and our external collaborators and licensees. You will work with Riot’s content production teams and regional teams to help our licensing partners develop products that resonate with our players. From apparel to collectibles to homegoods and beyond, you’ll play a dynamic role in delivering awesome physical product experiences for players around the globe all year long.
- Conduct market research and identify potential partners for League of Legends
- Manage relationships between production teams, regional teams, and licensing partners to ensure authentic IP representation in product and retail
- Support the development, maintenance, and distribution of licensing tools, including fact sheets, pitch decks, sizzle reels, content calendars, and style guides
- Support business updates for internal and external partners through data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Manage product approvals and retail clearances for licensee proposals
- Build and maintain processes and backlogs to ensure on time delivery of materials
- Identify additional product development and marketing opportunities as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent
- Passion for building meaningful product experiences for our players
- 2 or more years experience working in project management, account management, or in a consultant capacity
- Leadership experience in work, school or extracurricular environments
- Experience working in ambiguous environments
- Have the initiative to learn and improve
- Detail oriented and organized
- Background in managing licensing partners on a global scale
- Practice working and communicating with a global network of clients or partners
- Experience developing and refreshing style guides and pitch material
- Have worked with project management tools (such as Favro, Trello, or Asana), spreadsheet programs (such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets), and design tools (such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe InDesign)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).