6 days ago
Square Enix Europe are looking for a creative minded marketer to join the Marketing team based in London.
In this role you will be working across a Japanese Portfolio of titles within the publishing team, contributing to publishing strategy, owning campaign elements, and creating assets to enable regional marketing teams to bring titles to market.
The position calls for someone with solid experience in marketing campaign planning & execution, production and delivery of marketing assets in both a physical & digital landscape, strong communication skills and relationship management with internal and external stakeholders in North America, Europe and Japan.
Work with the Senior Marketing Manager to contribute to Western Publishing Strategies.
Defining objectives and communicate measurable goals for achieving them, to drive awareness, purchase intent and ultimately conversion to sales.
Creation of Marketing Campaign Assets:
Understand due processes and work with internal and external creative teams to brief and deliver product campaign assets across all disciplines – Trailers / Social Media / Online Advertising / Print materials / P.O.S / CRM / Product websites whilst continually driving toward meeting the necessary business goals for each title.
Work closely with key stakeholders in the publishing process - including Publishing Lead, Marketing Lead, PR Leads, Social Media Managers and Territory Marketing teams to develop publishing assets to drive awareness, purchase intent and conversion to sales, consumer acquisition and retention.
Marketing Campaign Execution:
Work with the Senior Marketing Manager to devise KPI’s that can be used to monitor pre-launch, launch and post-launch campaigns to ensure the project is on track to deliver business goals.
Ensure Functional and Regional team stakeholders have the direction and materials needed to execute product campaigns.
Demonstrate an understanding on-trend digital ad formats and platforms.
Work with production teams to monitor development progress to ensure title(s) are on schedule and of necessary quality. Ensure the production team has the necessary assets for their publishing requirements (metadata, icons, pricing information etc). Present insight and data driven guidance from a Western Publishing perspective to help influence marketing, communication and product decisions to ensure the campaign is optimised for a Western audience.
Product & Consumer Knowledge:
Be the advocate and knowledge base for assigned games, play and assess these games through development stages. Research competitors, understand industry trends and present/demonstrate games to partners as required. Be able to advocate for the target audience via consumer research, market data and a sense empathy.
Assist in managing Project Marketing Budgets.
Work in a diverse group of
cultures with both internal and external stakeholders.
Publishing Lead, Marketing Lead, Regional Marketing Directors, PR Leads, Social Media Managers, Creative Services, Development Studios, Regional Marketing teams and Cross-Functional teams.
Senior Marketing Manager
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven experience of marketing planning and executing gaming, relevant entertainment, or technology marketing campaigns.
- Had a previous role requiring strong organisational skills and an ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working across multi-disciplinary departments and international markets.
- Experienced in communicating with and presenting to a diverse number of international stakeholders.
- Able to distil multiple sources of information, present them coherently to structure a clear consumer story based on insights and data.
- Strong asset creation experience with both internal resources and external agencies
- Able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Advanced years previous experience in marketing or in the games industry role
- Degree level of qualification or equivalent.
- Understanding and passion for Japanese video games and an interest in Western video games market.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent time management, co-ordination, organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Creative thinker with common sense and ability to recommend solutions and take the initiative.
- Ability to be a strong team player and in a multi-cultural and international working environment.
- Self-motivated – pro-active in stepping up to tasks and responsibilities
- Determined, resilient and tenacious.
- Diplomatic, polite and personable.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Passion for video games
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
Hybrid Working Policy
Square Enix is pleased to be an employer that offers flexibility within the workplace.
We have a hybrid working policy which allows employees to work from the comfort of their home, three days per week, and in our amazing Blackfriars office for the other two.
Or, if being in the Office is your preference, you can choose three days working from our office and two days working from home. The choice is yours!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.