8 days ago
Sumo Group is one of the largest suppliers of end-to-end creative development services to the video games and entertainment industries. Comprising of veteran video game studios, an agile publishing team and an award-winning creative services studio, Sumo Group teams are delivering on ground-breaking projects across the globe.
Sumo Group currently employs over 1000 talented team members across 15 studios in the UK, Poland, North America and India. In the UK, Sumo Group received the top level of accreditation from Best Companies in 2021, receiving a 3* World Class Award and listed as one of the Best Large Companies to Work for within the UK.
With a reputation for developing deep relationships with some of the world’s largest video game publishers, developers, platform manufacturers and entertainment brands, Sumo Group is dedicated to growing a sustainable business that provides security for its people, whilst delivering a first-class experience to partners and players.
There are opportunities to join the central Sumo Group team across multiple disciplines including HR, Finance, Marketing, IT and Recruitment, with industry-leading benefits and a flexible working environment.
The Role @ Sumo Group:
Reporting to the Group Director, Marketing and Communications, your mission will be to position Sump Group studios as the go to firms for aspiring Talent and leading publishers, through integrated marketing programmes.
The Marketing Director will create and deliver compelling and effective marketing campaigns. This is a hands-on role where you will own the strategy, planning, and execution of all marketing activity. You will engage with, mentor, develop and manage the integrated marketing team, which also includes, creative, community and PR. You’ll need to position and promote Sumo Group studios to attract new talent to the organization, represent product (primarily liaising with publishing partners), boost awareness of the various brands and to communicate news, progress, information and activity both internally and externally as appropriate.
You’ll be creative and experienced with specialised experience of digital marketing and social media within the video games industry.
In this role you will:
- Create and develop an integrated marketing plan for Sumo Group studios, with specific focus on attracting talent.
- Manage and present internal communications: events, news, activities etc.
- Manage and present external communication: Website, community engagement, Publisher assistance for product information and promotion, requests for assets, industry events, cross-platform business promotion, social media, PR, launches etc.
- Implement, manage and raise awareness of Sumo Group studios across all channels by creating and instilling consistent brand values, voice and messaging to the company’s audience.
- Create, develop and nurture a wider audience for the company through traditional and non-traditional channels; websites, social media, video diaries, presentations, live events, charitable concerns, partnerships and programmes etc.
- Create and deliver compelling creative content
- Establish and manage Sumo Digital’s community on a game by game basis, as well as creating and maintaining broader community dialogue via specific programs (E.G: ‘Sumo Labs’).
- Lead the Marketing Team to ensure consistent quality and ambition through all team members. Ensure visibility and clear career goals for every team member.
- Budgeting for the Marketing function and reviewing performance utilizing CBA (costs benefits analysis). This should include internal and external costs where necessary.
- Working closely with and reviewing the performance of all Marketing activities and be the point person for all partner agency agreements.
- Drive Marketing through earned media (PR), digital marketing and social
To be succesful, you will have:
- Extensive experience leading the ideation and production of creative marketing
- Adept at Brand Marketing, Partner/channel Marketing and driving measurable performance through digital and social campaigns to grow a highly international business
- Proven experience as a marketing professional with international experience, ideally across Europe, US and APAC.
- Be an exceptional leader of people and communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Proven experience in establishing, winning and maintaining an active community on-line.
- Experience of successfully running an independent marketing budget and prioritizing the demands of a business in accordance with it.
- You will be both hands on /operationally driven, while also able to function at a highly strategic level with senior leadership across the business.
- A Charismatic communicator.
- Relationship builder and manager.
- Understanding of the game development process.
- Team leader.
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus
· Share Incentive Plan
· Competitive Pension
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
· 5 Learning Days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo Game Jam
· Big Family Events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
· Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Life Assurance 4x Salary
· Income Protection of 75%
· Relocation Support to the UK
· Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, and know that it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Group:
Sumo Group is proudly founded on the pillars of Family, Security, Trust and Collaboration, and upon joining, our team members become part of a growing family of operating businesses around the world who strive to achieve wonder together.
Within the Sumo Group umbrella sits a myriad of outstanding studios and brands, including: Sumo Digital (and all subsidiary studios including The Chinese Room, Lab42 Games, PixelAnt and Red Kite Games), Secret Mode, Atomhawk and Pipeworks (including Timbre Games).
Built on creativity and imagination, our staff are some of the most talented minds in the industry. We respect our colleagues, support innovation, show determination in achieving goals, take accountability for our actions, celebrate excellence and – above all – we have fun whilst doing so.
Recent releases and projects from Sumo Group businesses include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Apple Design Award winner Little Orpheus, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Rival Peak, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.