Marketing Content & Digital Media Specialist
20 days ago
Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and thrive within virtual experiences. Founded in 1999, the company first launched Second Life , the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, in 2003, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy.
At Linden, we value a workplace that’s as diverse as our products. As we continue to grow, we remain dedicated to building a company that is rooted in organizational health, strengths-based leadership, and the belief that teams are stronger than individuals.
If you want access to the forefront of virtual words, this is the place for you. We’ve created space for everyone to find belonging and invite you to come as you are.
We’re looking for a Marketing Content & Digital Media Specialist who can help showcase the beauty and diversity of Second Life to both new and existing audiences. This role reports to the Senior Social Media Manager and is responsible for creating outstanding editorial and promotional content including compelling, SEO-friendly written copy and visually-rich multimedia assets (short promotional videos, images, etc) to be shared in advertising, social media, email marketing, and other outlets. You’ll also help us curate content that showcases our community and its creations via a variety of communication and editorial channels including email campaigns, blog posts, and other content initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this position is already familiar with the tools and techniques necessary to create great photo and video content derived from virtual worlds, metaverse, VR, and/or social gaming platforms including knowledge of high-quality and on-trend avatar creation, lighting, poses, and environments.
What We’ll Offer You
The stability of an established company with startup momentum. An unparalleled opportunity to create, collaborate, & contribute. An environment where your voice will be heard and your impact deeply felt. A sense of belonging where your work is appreciated and rewarded.
As a team, we are highly engaged and iterative in nature, in both our product and our processes. We build cool stuff, we weigh risk/reward, and when we make mistakes, we respond quickly and together and without blame. This is a team in the truest sense.
What We’ll Create Together
- Marketing and social media campaigns with written and visual editorial contributions
- Images and videos with a strong aesthetic, voice and tone that connects with our communities
- Editorial content for email campaigns, blog posts, social media, and other content initiatives
- Live and pre-recorded video streams to showcase Second Life communities, cultures, and experiences
- New community and metaverse influencer content initiatives designed for the purpose of growing engagement across social media platforms and within Second Life
What You Will Bring to the Role
At Linden, we celebrate all the dimensions of diversity, including diversity of experience. We recognize that candidates applying for this role will be most successful if they bring the following with them:
- 3+ years of experience working in web, video, community and/or social media content creation (entertainment, virtual world/metaverse and/or gaming experience is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent in experience
- Strong portfolio documenting past work in visual content creation to include video and still images
- Demonstrated and extensive experience with photo and video editing tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator
- Basic understanding of web content management and/or publishing systems (such as Webflow or Wordpress); comfortable with technology
- Good organizational skills; ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Passion for learning and teaching, an inquisitive mind, and a deep drive for figuring things out
- Positive attitude, tolerance for ambiguity, an openness to strong direction, and a desire to drive toward results
- Ability to manage own workload, balancing multiple projects
- Experience in virtual worlds platforms, including Second Life including knowledge of Second Life avatar customization and inworld content creation is a plus
Work Environment & Physical Demands
As a remote-first company, we take great care to ensure an inclusive experience for all Lindens. You may be offered the opportunity to travel to company meetings and events, however this is not a requirement. We aim to optimize for remote attendance, not just accommodate it.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in a remote office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The Fine Print
Linden Lab celebrates diversity of thought, race, national origin and culture, age, experience, religion, economic and social status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Building a culture of inclusion allows us to create and share experiences with each other, and with our virtual communities. We always seek to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace, and candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.