Market Trends Junior Analyst (entry level position)
9 days ago
Job Title:Market Trends Junior Analyst (entry level position)
Job Title: Market Trends Junior Analyst
Reporting To: GTM Analytics Director
Contract Term: 12 month Fixed-Term
Location: Wardour St, London, UK
Activision Blizzard EMEA is seeking a Market Trends Junior Analyst to hit the ground running, taking on a dynamic role supporting the EMEA Go-to-Market Analytics team. The Junior Analyst will be a key member of the team in building a data-informed culture that generates value for the business and will be reporting directly into the GTM Analytics Director.
Candidates will need to be disciplined thinkers and capable of working across organisational boundaries. Candidates will need outstanding organisational skills, attention to detail and curiosity. Must be pro-active, very adaptable and results driven. You will be a team player who must be able to work under pressure, using own initiative and motivation to meet deadlines and set priorities without close supervision, above all a “can – do “attitude.
You will be delivering insights to the key internal stakeholders on the performance of the Gaming market, both on our titles and on the competition. The information provided will enable Activision Blizzard to get a strong understanding of the maket and stay ahead of the competition.
Your main mission is to deliver insightful analysis on EMEA to the business. The role includes but is not limited to the following task / duties*:
- Deliver competitive analysis and overview of how the video games market is performing in EMEA. Follow new main new releases from our competitors, give insights into new business models.
- Give a regular overview on the broader entertainment market and the share shifts between the different components of that market (ie Movies, Video Games, Books, Theatre,…)
- Follow main Hardware KPIs (Console Install Base, Average Spec of PC used of Gaming,…) that can help the marketing organization to target the correct segment
- Present regular updates on gaming and on what our competitors are doing. Avoid to do updates only, and deliver recommendations from the observations that you have done.
- Provide suggestions on new external data sources which could help providing more detailed and holistic insights/recommendations to the business.
- Help steer the business in the right direction by comparing what are the best practices within and outside our industry.
- Deep understand and/or passion for the Gaming industry
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Business Studies/Finance
- Out of the box thinking and challenging the status quo
- Highly analytical, precise, detail oriented and well organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, manage different tasks at the same time and set priorities appropriately
- Proficency with Tableau, SQL and R a plus
- Excellent presentation skills (Powerpoint)
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Team player, sociable, interacts with co-workers well
- Other European language (French, German, ...) is a plus
*The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.