Manager of Workplace Operations
6 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a workplace operations leader to define and develop facility operations and oversee our workplace services team in providing a holistic experience to our global Skillzians. This role will report to the Director of Workplace and partner with team members throughout the business to supply great service, define operational programs and implement experience programs in partnership with other workplace leaders, all while promoting ease of scale for our rapidly growing business.
What You Will Do :
- Define and develop the multi-regional operational strategy, policies and processes for in-office and virtual work environments.
- Oversee the Workplace Services Team who are focused on workplace experience throughout all of Skillz's hubs by exceeding operational SLAs and supporting implementation of programs spearheaded by other workplace and people team leaders.
- Partner effectively with key internal stakeholders to define, align and implement global programs.
- Act as the knowledge source and escalation point for workplace operations approvals, issues or concerns.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to internal stakeholders in matters related to workplace operations.
- Develop, manage and deliver upon workplace operations and services expectations, OKR’s and budgets.
- Produce and regularly distribute measurements to assess success of the workplace operations and services program.
- Coach and guide the workplace services team in career development
- 8+ years of experience in a strategic workplace role
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience building workplace operations programs both internally and with vendor partners
- Deep knowledge of building systems and operations to quickly identify problems and the right path for solution
- Thrives in a fast paced environment without sacrificing excellence
- Proven success in partnering with other internal and external service providers to create and launch programs.
- Creative and people oriented approach, just because something is done one way in the industry doesn’t make it the right approach for Skillz
- FMP or CFM preferred
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization with analyses rooted in data
- Collaborative, doesn’t make decisions in a vacuum
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .