Manager, Technical Accounting
22 days ago
Corporate Accounting Manager, Technical Accounting
EA’s CFO organization comprises a broad group of finance disciplines. Our common goal is partnership with business teams delivering strategies and providing our players with amazing experiences. All of our finance teams assist the business in achieving profitable creativity by providing financial insight, reporting and guidance.
We use progressive tools to analyze and visualize data, telling the story of financial drivers, performance, risks and opportunities. We value attributes like collaboration and learning. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Corporate accounting’s mission is to create shareholder value through integrity, leadership and business partnership. Our primary responsibility is to prepare and report the worldwide consolidated financial statements to senior management and to shareholders through press releases and earnings calls. Additional responsibilities include accounting consultation to internal partners, assisting with acquisitions, system improvements and other special projects.
You will be an individual contributor reporting directly to the Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting. You will be an integral member of the team who will establish accounting policies and interpret accounting guidance.
- Establish company-wide and North American local accounting policies
- Draft policies and coordinate their review and approval
- Liaise with international and cross-functional business partners in drafting and review
- Manage and organize policy inventory
- Conduct U.S. GAAP and accounting policy and process training sessions
- Consult with business partners regarding policy interpretation and application
- Perform technical research on accounting issues and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners
- Lead the implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards, including assessing the impact on EA’s financial statements and accounting policies, and working with various cross-functional stakeholders
- Draft accounting memos and liaise with senior management and external auditors
- Provide guidance and coordinate approval reviews for Internal-Use Software projects
- Review and provide accounting conclusions for various contracts including lease agreements
- Support and lead special projects
- Support SEC reporting and other filing processes as needed
- Licensed CPA
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent with minimum 4 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in U.S. GAAP technical accounting research and drafting accounting memos
- Proficiency in Word (Formatting, Layouts, Redlining), Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and PowerPoint
- Combined history in public accounting and industry roles, with 4+ years of public accounting experience
- Experience applying Topics 350-40 Internal-Use Software and 842 Lease Accounting
- Experience in internal controls and documenting process workflows
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $95,450 - $141,800
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $89,200 - $130,750
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.