Manager, Talent Sourcing & Acquisition
2 days ago
Manager, Talent Sourcing & Acquisition
Position location: Winnipeg, Toronto, or Vancouver
Tangent Animation is a high-end feature animation studio focused on delivering the best creative with the industries top talent. We are located in Winnipeg, Toronto, and Vancouver and we are growing!
We live to innovate. That’s a bold statement, but we can back it up. We’re constantly digging for solutions to brain-breaking problems, ripping into new technology to take it for a spin and finding niche talent that adds something completely unexpected to the mix. Evolution is the name of the game around here. Our HR team is looking for people who thrive on answering “wouldn’t it be cool if we…?”
Whether it’s the talent we corral, the animations we craft, or the technology we master, we live and breathe by high standards. Tangent was born to elevate and redefine what animation could be and set a new industry standard, so prepare yourself to raise the bar.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the Manager, Talent Sourcing & Acquisition will define and lead our end-to-end talent sourcing and selection processes.
Working with the Talent Acquisition and HR Specialists, you will map the talent landscape, sourcing the best people to join our innovative team by creating a robust pipeline and filling current needs. You will build and implement innovative approaches for identifying top talent including direct sourcing, leveraging social media, conducting virtual open houses (and physical when we are again able), direct-calling, campus recruiting, referral programs and networking. Bring your ideas and experience to position us ahead of the game.
Building extraordinary relationships is a key element of our talent management approach. The Manager, Talent Sourcing and Acquisition will work closely with the Resource Manager, Talent Managers and stakeholders to manage searches and provide candidates with an exceptional experience. Your experience and acumen position you to advise hiring managers on effective process execution and hiring decisions.
You will always be developing opportunities to extend our reach, enhance our brand, and make our sourcing and selection processes better.
- Work with the Resource Manager, Talent Managers and hiring managers to identify current and project future hiring needs
- Translate workforce projections into sourcing priorities and efficient top talent acquisition strategies
- Lead employer branding initiatives to extend our reach and captivate top candidates
- Develop innovative sourcing channels that identifies candidates and builds our talent pipeline. We want to know who is out there!
- Map the industry talent marketplace
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with talented past and potential candidates
- Define and manage the efficient and effective end to end sourcing and recruiting processes
- Define and deliver talent acquisition metrics and reporting that informs stakeholders of acquisition status, performance and enhances recruiting strategies and processes
- Identify opportunistic hires to elevate our capabilities
- Organize and attend recruitment events
- Develop and extend your network of potential candidates and industry professionals
- Establish and manage relationships with preferred with 3rd party search firms
- Through all your work, establish the HR team as the go to advisor for all talent management matters
- Lead a small number of searches
- Proven ability developing innovative sourcing initiatives and candidate pipelines
- Exceptional client & candidate relationship management
- Experience developing efficient and impactful recruitment processes
- Ability to lead a Talent Acquisition Specialist
- A highly collaborative team member
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) experience with Dayforce is an asset
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with a confident and relatable presentation style
- Driven to constantly improve processes and performance
- A keen interest in understanding the business and various roles in the industry
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Relevant education
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.