This job might no longer be available.
Manager, Project Management
26 days ago
Nexon America is a branch of Nexon Co., Ltd., a global video game publisher and leading developer of online virtual worlds for PCs, consoles, and mobile devices. Nexon proudly offers celebrated franchises like MapleStory, KartRider, and Mabinogi that have been enjoyed by millions of players for over two decades. When we founded our Nexon America branch in 2006, we made it our goal to bring those unique games to western players using a player-first approach. We achieve that goal by applying our team’s outstanding free-to-play expertise and live game support to every decision, every day.
But we’re committed to more than our games! Here at Nexon America, we’re all about open communication, diversity, mutual respect, and collaboration, so we can bring out the best in each other. Nexies find support, friendship, and career growth all in one place! And because we know a healthy work-life balance is the key to happiness, Nexies also enjoy flexible hours, a hybrid work model, and extra perks like food trucks, happy hours, and team events. It’s why we’ve earned the Great Place to Work certification for 3 years running!
We’re looking to expand our team with passionate individuals who want to learn, play, and grow with us. Ready for a new challenge?
We are currently working in the office 2-3x a week in a hybrid work model.
- Oversee and manage entire project development pipelines with the production staff and cross-functional groups.
- Ensure all deadlines are met in relation to project objectives and scope.
- Validate designs, identify constraints, and provide corrective actions for products in the ARENA platform, game coupon system, security, and payment integration.
- Support renovations and improvements in production and quality assurance (QA) processes to increase efficiency to deliver projects on time.
- Create well-organized templates for all production deliverables and improve formats with the team to create clear visibility to stakeholders.
- Provide direction and guidance to product design teams to meet timely deliveries.
- Lead and manage large-scale, organization-wide projects through planning, development, launch, stabilization and close.
- Oversee the management of day-to-day development issues, proactively anticipate and mitigate problems, and troubleshoot and provide conflict resolution as needed.
- Partner and facilitate communication with cross-team functional groups such as business intelligence, software development, and game operations to deliver a reliable technical experience.
- Lead project managers and quality assurance staff to have a clear understanding of business goals and link mission, vision, values, goals, and strategies to daily work.
- Guide team members towards defining and achieving team goals as well as individual career goals.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Product Manager, Project Manager, or related occupation.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Must have experience with the following:
- Product strategy, Agile methodology, project management, prototyping, wireframes, e-commerce, billing management, and data analysis (Google Analytics and Structured Query Language (SQL)); Jira, Confluence, Trello, Google apps, Google Analytics, Fabric (Crashlytics), Mailchimp, Mandrill, Microsoft Office, Youtrack, Invision, Photoshop, and Intercom; software development processes and project controls; and leading and managing product management teams.
Nexon’s Benefits and Perks
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Compensation Description for Pay Transparency (annually)
The base salary range for this position in El Segundo, CA is $127,504 - $155,104 annually.
Our salary ranges are determined by market data based on position and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salaries for that position. An individual’s pay is determined by factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experiences, relevant education or training, and location.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, however the salary range listed in this job posting reflects the base salary only.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.