28 days ago
We are looking for a talented Payroll Manager to join our growing accounting operations team in India! Come join Unity and be a part of a global Payroll team. You will be payroll lead for India and other key geographies serving as the main point of contact and subject matter expert for all payroll-related matters. We are looking for a strong operational leader with a proven background in delivering multiple payrolls. While this position requires a strong focus on India, the role includes a global scope and presents an excellent opportunity for professional development by contributing to projects, tasks and implementation projects.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re redefining development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
This is a hybrid position based in our Bangalore office.
What you'll be doing
- Ownership of the end-to-end payroll process for India and other key geographies, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and timeliness. This includes processing payroll transactions such as new hires, leave of absences, RSU equity, terminations, employee changes and wage garnishments. Compile and analyze payroll data providing regular reports to key partners such as HR, tax, and accounting teams.
- Manage a team of specialists to ensure effective operation of the end-to-end payroll cycle including processing of required payroll filings.
- Provide leadership in addressing complex payroll issues, resolving concerns timely and providing excellent customer service stakeholders.
- Ensure payroll compliance with company policy and local tax legislation for managed payrolls
- Responsible for developing and implementing systems and processes to ensure an effective control environment, achieve standardization and to support growth. Performs autonomously and is able to lead sophisticated departmental and/or cross-functional work
- Ensure SOX compliance and maintain internal controls for the respective areas of responsibility by monitoring/updating accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Coach, mentor and lead a team across multiple functions focused on high quality deliverables and fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Lead special payroll projects as needed.
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of experience in processing payroll
- Experience working with external payroll providers and HRIS modules (Workday preferred)
- You have in-depth knowledge of payroll regulations, tax laws, and labor legislation in India with working knowledge in other geographies. Should have a strong knowledge of India payroll requirements such as Income Tax/Provident Fund/LWD/Profession tax etc
- You’re able to work in a regularly changing and fast paced environment while being able to determine the right balance between speed and quality.
- You’ve worked in a transactional based payroll and thrive in a role of manual and automated processes, involving data gathering from HRIS, Benefits, employees as well as internal and external providers.
- Strong understanding of process controls, knowledge of Excel at intermediate level, and large ERP systems (e.g Workday). Must be strong in Excel.
- Experience managing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Must have the ability to effectively collaborate with all levels/functions throughout the company
- Experience with equity reporting (RSU’s and Stock Options).
- A problem-solver with the ability to identify issues and implement solutions proactively. Experience with executing automation projects and integrations to streamline the payroll process.
- Bachelor's degree
You might also have
- Experience with processing payroll in Workday
- Experience processing payroll with Cloudpay
- Relocation support is not available for this position.
- International relocation support is not available for this position.
- Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.