This job might no longer be available.
Manager, Internal Communications
Santa Monica, California, United States
3 months ago
Job Title: Manager, Internal Communications
Reporting To: Senior Director, Global Communications
Department: Corporate Communications
Location: Santa Monica, CA
As a Manager, Internal Communications at Activision, you will work closely with Activision Business and Development, Recruiting, HR and PR teams to articulate the organizations goals, values, products and priorities to ensure our people are informed, included and inspired globally. This includes writing compelling, coordinated communications materials; contributing to branding and creative content development; and designing engagement and culture programs.
We are seeking a creative, detailed oriented and self-motivated individual to support efforts in global internal communications for Activision support key strategic initiatives and business goals. We’re looking for someone who excels at written internal communications and intranet content used to drive employee engagement and education. These types of communications include organizational announcements, product announcements, internal social media, values-based communications, team profiles, recognition materials, alignment of internal branding, launch and holiday celebrations, and charitable initiatives.
The role requires developing communications across multiple styles, voices, and platforms including email and video, as well as strong relationships with business teams and HR. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Global Communications for Activision.
What you’ll do
Internal Comms Strategy & Execution:
- Support execution of global internal communications strategy for Activision
- Contribute to the development & execution of the global internal communications plans, calendars, content and collateral, including organizational goals and priorities; vision and values; product announcements and updates; crisis and change management messaging; and company All Hands meetings
- Assess feedback from employees and help adapt global communications strategies accordingly
- Serve as a liaison with the with brand PR, corporate communications, talent acquisition and other divisions and teams, as needed
- Prepare communications and messaging as outlined in internal communications plan and any ad hoc communications as needed
- Write, maintain and develop content posted to Activision intranet page and other global communications vehicles
- Coordinate with Activision editorial manager and approve relevant culture-related and historic content for Activision blog and social media channels
- Collaborate with HR to define structure & content for events like All Hands Meetings, Town Halls, etc. and write related messaging, executive remarks and company-wide communications
Culture & Engagement Initiatives:
- Collaborate with HR on global employee engagement and culture initiatives including Diversity & Inclusion; support development and execution of corresponding communications plans
- Coordinate with Talent Acquisition team and External Communications teams to bring to life the Activision brand, energizing employees and prospective future hires to promote a positive experience of working at Activision
What you’ll bring
- Excellent writing skills for internal employee communications at all levels and occasions, incorporating differing/appropriate writing styles when needed
- Proven ability to work independently and project manage several individual projects for varied teams while also effectively collaborating in a matrixed team environment
- A passionate interest in employee engagement and morale building
- Experience coordinating and executing logistics, content and comms for internal events
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environment
- Creative flair and high attention to details
- Excellent client service and interpersonal communication skills
- An outgoing, positive attitude with a team player mindset
- Familiarity with Activision’s brands
What you’ve done
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or another related field
- 5-7 years of experience in a corporate/employee communications or PR role; video games, entertainment, technology or other creative industry experience preferred
- In-house experience at top-tier companies
- Manage and secure sensitive and confidential information
- Strong foundation of the Microsoft Office communications suite
- An ability to create/manage web content with several different CMS platforms
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, and Destiny.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.