14 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
The primary focus of this position is the support and maintenance of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) in addition to other systems supported by the People team. This individual serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The position also supports HRIS upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Performs system maintenance, including the following tasks: assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintains HRIS system tables.
- Provides support for HRIS including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performs scheduled activities; recommends solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Manages projects/process improvement, including the following tasks: apply change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality. Identifies and understand issues, problems and opportunities. Compares data from different sources to draw conclusions. Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions. Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences. Uses this data to build project plans and ensure adherence to schedule and other specifications.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills when working with various customers and peers to accomplish project goals. Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy, which must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation. Understands and uses qualitative/quantitative measurement and data collection design principles.
- Generates reports/queries, including; writes, maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Conducts training, including developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Trains clients on new processes/functionality. Trains new system users.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in HRIS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge. Participates in user group meetings/conferences.
- Prepare and submit EEO-1 and other annual reports
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Oversee compliance with I-9 status and Federal and State regulations
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must be proactive with strong initiative; a self-starter who is comfortable working independently and possesses the ability to take on new tasks with little guidance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service with internal and external contacts
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle periods of increased workload and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and employ effective time-management skills.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment
- 8+ years HRIS/Benefits - Payroll experience utilizing Workday or any other HRIS; multi-state experience preferred
- Experience managing integrations between different Systems
- Experience with implementing a new HRIS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; highly proficient in Excel
- CEBS certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $102,000— $150,00 salary per year.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.