Manager, Data Science - Audience Science
7 months ago
If you are looking to use your knowledge of data science to improve marketing efficiency – such as player insights or audience scoring – in a renowned video game company, this is the job you have been looking for.
In a data science team based in San Francisco and Montreal, you will get to deliver models and tools to engage Ubisoft players in our ecosystem while helping the NCSA marketing team communicate efficiently with them. This position is for the San Francisco office.
WHO WE ARE
The data science team implements internal strategies to improve large-scale communication with Ubisoft players to enrich their individual experiences. Our goal is to connect to players with meaningful communication while increasing engagement and acquisition. The team primarily focuses on creating narratives based on players’ in-game experiences, sending tailored content recommendation of games, and establishing personalized communication cycles.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a team of 3 data scientists focusing on audiences
- Collaborate with marketers (Brand, Media, CRM…) to understand their needs
- Define deliverables and priorities matching our global roadmap
- Analyze customer data to gather knowledge and to discover insights
- Build prototype models to increase communication efficiency
- Test, monitor and improve models
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Proving record of successfully managing a small team of direct reports
- Knowledge and relevant studies in the field of software engineering, computer science
- Ability to lead to inspire, motivate data scientists (ideally focusing on audience)
- Senior level expertise as a data scientist or other relevant experience
- Strong interest in the gaming industry
- Ability to communicate well , whether in small group discussion or large-scale presentation.
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- Deep knowledge of data visualization
- Exceptional analytics skills
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY
- Your resume
- A cover letter of 8-10 lines attached to your resume
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Game-changers wanted! Help us solve exciting challenges in gaming and tech. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.