Manager, Consumer Insights
Culver City, CA
4 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is looking for a Manager of Consumer Insights to join our award winning research team. Reporting to the Director of Consumer Insights, this individual will lead and execute a number of qualitative and quantitative research initiatives to support games in development as well as live games. A majority of Jam City’s primary research is conducted in-house and candidates must be comfortable leading the end-to-end research process as opposed to outsourcing work to vendors.
Our ideal candidate loves mobile games and possesses a strong curiosity and passion to understand the “whys” that drive player behavior and decision-making. He/She will be adept at using traditional research methods, and is comfortable suggesting new approaches and original thinking.
- Elevate and represent the voice of the consumer across the organization to enable a culture that is anchored in deep and empathic player understanding.
- Design, implement and lead high-impact quantitative and qualitative research to support a number of cross-functional teams including studio, marketing, analytics, product management and business development.
- Lead and manage focus groups and IDIs including screener design, discussion guide development, moderating, debriefing, analysis and presentation. Must be a top-notch moderator and be able to connect with a wide range of mobile players.
- Lead and manage a number of in-house quantitative projects including concept testing, ad testing, positioning, large-scale playtesting, IP research, CSATs, brand research, etc.
- Partner with Product Managers and Data Science to enrich research findings with analytics and behavioral data.
- Ensure that all deliverables are actionable, grounded in deep player knowledge and psychology, and guided by a broader understanding of business context.
- Take initiative to stay current with industry trends and best practices in the mobile games industry, the market research industry and the field of psychology / human motivation and its application to games research.
- Understand the behaviors, attitudes, motivations and frustrations of Jam City’s players in order to drive retention and long-term engagement - Provide insights regarding player trends and expectations among key strategic player segments over time.
- Manage our insight community of VIP players to gain agile and ongoing player feedback in an environment that builds upon past understanding and paints a holistic view of our highly engaged players.
- 5+ years of consumer insights experience, preferably within the entertainment, tech or gaming industry
- Must love mobile games, particularly casual games. Familiarity with mobile game mechanics is required
- Experience executing a variety of quantitative projects, including concept testing, positioning research, ad testing, brand research, media consumption, and motivational segmentation
- Is as confident in qualitative research techniques as in quant, and understands the different applications of each to select the right methodology for the hypotheses being tested
- Extensive qualitative experience including focus group and IDI moderation. RIVA training is a plus
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- A team player, who thrives on working collaboratively, inspiring others and bringing out the best in the wider team
- Can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet, and quickly responds to inquiries and questions
- Works effectively and enjoys the interplay across cross-functional teams, such as studio, marketing, UA, data analytics and product management
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, undefined environment
- Enjoys applying psychological theories to game and marketing strategy
NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree required, MA degree in social sciences, marketing science, applied research, or related field is a plus. Must have a strong academic record and analytical background
- English language proficiency required
- SAS, R, SPSS, Tableau and/or other analytics software packages a plus
- Familiarity with Vision Critical’s Sparq platform or other customer intelligence software
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.