Management Accountant (Perm)
Portsmouth England GB
10 days ago
A unique opportunity has arisen to join our exciting medium sized computer software development group company.
This would suit a newly qualified accountant who can demonstrate they can manage both time and priorities effectively who works well with colleagues and have the flexibility to grow into and shape this developing role.
Reporting to the Finance Director this role is to provide bookkeeping, financial and management accounting services to its two operational companies.
The role will include a wide range of tasks including:
- Processing of sales ledger transactions including issuing of customer invoices
- Processing purchase invoices, including credit card returns and making payments following the Company purchasing procedures
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- All balance sheet reconciliations
- Credit control & cash flow management
- Preparation and processing of monthly timesheets, payroll, expenses, and end of year returns
- Preparing VAT and other tax returns including video games tax and research and development claims
- Preparation of monthly management accounts with commentary
- Support the financial forecasting and budgetary control process
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Skills / experience & qualifications
- Applicants will hold an appropriate accountancy qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role within an SME
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Competent in the use of suitable accountancy packages
- Excellent communication skills; must be a team player
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage own time effectively
- Good computer skills are essential as is a willingness to strive for improvements
- Experience using Sage 50 + Superpay
Please include your salary expectations in your application.