Machine Learning Engineer
9 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring a Machine Learning Engineer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, and Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our ML Engineers do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Design, develop and maintain machine learning solutions in a Live environment.
- Build, validate, and iterate on models to optimize based on stakeholder goals.
- Identify, find, utilize and create relevant data in relational and non-relational databases.
- Create and utilize data pipelines and distributed computing architecture.
- Effectively communicate with various cohorts with varied technical expertise.
- Meet with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and goals.
- Operates within the context of generally defined procedures.
- Implements defined tasks of unit / team / projects.
- Supports attainment of some short- and mid-term objectives of assigned unit / team projects.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: machine learning, big data, and modeling techniques such as Classification, Regression, Clustering, Dimensionality Reduction, Preprocessing, and model selection / ensembling.
- Especially qualified candidates will also have experience in Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, and / or Unreal Engine.
- Strong computer science fundamentals including knowledge of data structure and algorithms, computational complexity, and object-oriented / functional programming designs.
- Strong coding and debugging skills in one or more of the following: Python, R, SQL, and respective scientific computing packages.
- Especially qualified candidates will also have experience in C++, SQL, Scala, Java, Julia.
- Exposure to multiple statistical distributions, a clear understanding of linear algebra, multi-dimensional matrix and vector operations, algorithms, and calculus.
- Experience with large amounts of data, especially in a distributed format.
- Interest and ability to dig deeper than the surface of a question in order to fully understand a problem space.
- Ability to independently formulate a hypothesis, define data requirements, and analyze data required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate well with multiple teams outside of the Analytics team.
- Comfortable receiving constructive group criticism and making technical adjustments to meet performance guidelines.
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivated, organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- A passion for data and playing video games.