Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
1 month ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer you will build the next generation of ML Ecosystem Tooling. You will have an impact on the Roblox platform, and the industry, to the next level of managed E2E ML Pipeline Development and Automation—providing our developers and creators alike the ability to go from an ML idea to production in weeks or less. We are looking for accomplished ML Infrastructure and Systems Engineers to help build the next generation of ML Ecosystem Tooling.
- Passionate about pushing the technological envelope and venturing into the unknown.
- Have a toolchest of system design experience upon which to draw to build scalable, reliable platforms for all of Roblox.
- 3+ years of professional experience working with scalable, distributed systems.
- Proficient in DevOps tooling such as Docker, K8S, CI/CD systems
- Have experience running and managing 1000+ node Kubernetes clusters
- Well versed with the Model Development Lifecycle from initial ad hoc analysis in notebooks to monitored services in production and back again.
- Experience with best practices in developing Platform / Infrastructure APIs
- Someone who has built a model in a modern ML framework such as Tensoflow, PyTorch, ML Lib
- Understand best practices around Data and Model management
- Have deployed and maintained an ML model in production
- Understand the use cases for multiple data processing and storage technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or a similar technical field.
- Bootstrap and maintain infrastructure for ML Platform components--Serving Layer, Metadata Store, Model Registry, Feature Store, and Pipeline Orchestrator.
- Work to identify opportunities for further automation and optimization.
- Provide automation so our developers and creators alike the ability to go from an ML idea to production in weeks or less.
- Work on infrastructure projects such as GPU fleet management, workload optimization, and distributed training.
- Partner across organizations to build tooling, interfaces, and visualizations that make the ML@Roblox a delight to use.
- Have an impact to the state of the Roblox platform, and the industry, to the next level of managed E2E ML Pipeline Development and Automation
- Have an impact as a part of the team that is building a platform to handle the thousands of model experiments per day needed to support everything from ranking and recommendations, through content moderation and fraud prevention, to studio creative tooling.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$233,840 — $283,780 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.