Localization Quality Assurance with Spanish (Spain)
9 days ago
At Amber, we're always on the hunt for the most talented individuals in the industry to join our team. We're dedicated to delivering top-notch service to our customers and know that our employees are key to making that happen. We offer attractive compensation packages and plenty of chances to grow with us, and we're always on the lookout for ways to do things better. Our team works together towards common goals and we value each member's contributions to our mission of continuous improvement and innovation.
About the role:
Amber is looking for a Spanish Localization QA Tester to work at our offices in Montreal on an on-call basis. Training will be offered for people without prior experience.
You will be testing games in matter to find linguistic, visual, and cultural issues on the localized text of various game titles on mobile (iOS and Android), PC and console in a multilingual team of QA testers. If your eagle eyes can spot an extra space, improper phrasing, a misspelled word, or a cultural faux pas in your language, we want to hear from you!
- Testing video game titles and verifying all text, images, and voice-over components in Spanish
- Finding translation, contextual, cultural, and other linguistic errors in video game titles
- Reporting errors in a bug-tracking database and/or translation document in a clear manner
- Providing resolutions for errors reported to improve the linguistic and translated content
- Following and respecting terminology guidelines
- Cross-checking issues between different languages with your team
- Reporting to and following instructions from the Test Lead
- Addressing and escalating problems to the Test Lead
- Native-level language competency in Spanish
- Proof of existing eligibility to work in Canada
- Experience using mobile, PC and console devices and knowledge of their terminology
- Passion for video games
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Professional competency in English
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Starting salary set at 17 CAD/hour
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference
- Professional and friendly work environment
- Awesome and talented colleagues to support you