Live Ops Manager
Chicago IL 60603 United States
5 days ago
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented, passionate, and motivated Live Ops Manager to join our team. We are a well-established independent game developer who has worked with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other indie developer. We are known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Skyrim, Diablo III and Overwatch to the Nintendo Switch.
As a Live Ops Manager, you will manage a team in support of an upcoming live / Games-as-a-Service title. As a liaison between the game team and the publishing team, you will understand, plan and coordinate activities to support game / marketing beats, including live devops/deployment planning, monetization changes, content drops, and community engagement. Additionally, you will manage support functions including business intelligence and player support with an ever-present goal of happy players. Success in this role looks like a regularly updated game with an excited and engaged community, and the Studio having the ability to respond to the game and its players to keep it fresh and exciting for years to come.
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Hire and manage the Live Ops team
- Create and manage a content production and release schedule and strategy that includes all of the work involving social media, community management, video production, copywriting, and localization disciplines. Make daily and real-time adjustments and continually communicate out status to all stakeholders
- Coordinate release planning from the game team with devops and player support to ensure infrequent downtimes and rapid responses to account issues
- Plan the above in partnership with our publisher; manage the flow of information and deliverables back and forth between our Live Ops team and theirs.
- Work with the data warehouse and business intelligence people to build reliable real-time and analytical data analyses, to understand both the health of the game and provide insights into how we can improve in all areas
- Perform as Product Owner and advocate for features and processes that can improve our live service and better player experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting live software (games or SaaS)
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple people in a tech environment
- Experience working with “live” videogame content
- Self-driven and able to run a team with only periodic oversight
- Very comfortable with technology; able to communicate quickly and professionally over email, chat, meetings, presentations, pitches etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic understanding of game analytics preferred but not required