Linux Systems Administrator
Montreal QC ca
18 days ago
As a Linux Systems Administrator, you will join the Enterprise Infrastructure team that is part of the Ubisoft IT group. This team is responsible for the corporate infrastructure and provide services required by all teams at Ubisoft (networking, storage and various systems).
You’ll be responsible for the health and operations of our globally distributed Linux servers, with a focus on operational activities, proactive capacity management and event monitoring. You’ll also contribute to the execution of various projects and will act as a second level support for the Linux systems under your responsibility.
We are looking for self-directed, organised, responsible, motivated and dynamic candidates willing to join an experimented, ambitious and technology passionate global team.
- Responsible for the proper daily operations of the Linux systems under his responsibility, including the installation, maintaining and upgrading of the hardware, operating system and software;
- Ensure the deployment and support for the release and configuration management services by leveraging continuous integration and industrialization practices;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Participate to the backups and restoration of Linux systems;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Linux platform;
- Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Advanced troubleshooting of emergency situations and must be able to work flexible hours including overtime as required.
- A Baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Linux systems administration in a 300+ servers environment.
- Expertise in Linux operating systems (RHEL, CentOS, Oracle Linux);
- An in-depth understanding of industrialization tools (Chef, Ansible, OpenWisp);
- Good knowledge in CI/CD inherent technologies (Gitlab, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform);
- Good knowledge of Ruby and Python;
- Knowledge in system and performance automated testing;
- Knowledge of HAProxy, Nginx, and keep alived;
- Experience with Git an asset;
- Experience with any other development or scripting language (Bash, Perl, etc.) an asset;
- Knowledge of email protocols and standards (SMTP, SPF, DKIM, DMARC) an asset.
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations;
- Must be responsible and a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance;
- Have good interpersonal communication and priority management skills;
- Skill in adapting to change and be a team player;
- Bilingual (French/English) is required both orally and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubisoft Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.