Linux Systems Administrator - DevOps
2 days ago
As part of the Global IT Live Games team, squad members bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas, but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Linux Administrator DevOps, you will be part of an agile squad that supports one or more Game Production teams. You will have a chance to be part of the overall team that has the mission to ensure the best player experience possible.
You’ll work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, setting up and managing various Linux servers and tools. You will also have to work with the Games Production Online teams, creating solutions to overcome obstacles, and providing value to Ubisoft as a whole. You will build tools and products that automate and work with infrastructure so that developers can focus on their areas of expertise rather than needing to learn the nuances of infrastructure development.
This position will allow you to work with many technologies with the aim not only to push Ubisoft forward, but to also challenge the industry.
- Responsible for the proper daily operations of the Linux systems under his responsibility, including tasks like installations, maintenance, upgrades of Linux servers (Hardware and Software) as well as perform system & application patching;
- Support production environnements leveraging Cloud solutions;
- Work with DevOps best practices and implement CI/CD pipelines;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Troubleshoot emergency situations (must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required);
- Participate in evaluation new requirements; technical designs, the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed.
- A Baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
Knowledge and Skills
- Expertize in Linux operating systems (CentOs, RHEL, Debian);
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Go, Python);
- Good knowledge of DevOps philosophy, automation and orchestration tools (CI/CD, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform);
- Good knowledge of technologies of ELK and other monitoring tools;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Mysql, Postgres;
- General knowledge of Cloud providers such as AWS, Google, Azure;
- Bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.