Linux System Administrator
19 days ago
As a Linux System Administrator, you will join Ubisoft IT, specifically the Live Games team which oversees creating a platform that hosts games for Ubisoft’s internal customers. They assist games during their entire lifecycle, take care of architecture design, technology R&D and tool recommendations.
You will be responsible for the health and operations of our Linux servers, with a focus on operational activities, proactive capacity management and event monitoring. You will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will act as a second level support for the Linux systems.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network infrastructure and services to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Resolve all incidents and tasks by providing support on tools and applications used by our internal partners, as well as troubleshooting in emergency situations;
- Maintain updated documentation regarding installation, configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures related to Linux platform;
- Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices, and metrics;
- Run the daily operations of systems, such as distributing storage nodes, web and database hosting, as well as other proprietary and open-source software;
- Install and maintain physical/virtual servers and related software;
- Create system backups.
- Experience with Linux operating systems;
- Experience with database management systems such as MySQL, Redis and MongoDB;
- Good knowledge of monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Prometheus and Grafana;
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, and/or Python;
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible, Chef or Terraform (IaC);
- Good knowledge of cloud service administration such as OpenStack.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.