Linux System Administrator
13 days ago
The Live Games team creates a platform that hosts games for Ubisoft’s internal customers. They also assist games during their entire lifecycle. They take care of architecture design, Technology R&D and tool recommendations. They also handle operations, reporting, monitoring and administration and incident/request management.
As the Linux Systems Administrator joining live games, you are responsible for the health and operations of our Linux servers, with a focus on operational activities, proactive capacity management and event monitoring. You will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will act as a second level support for the Linux systems under your responsibility (including 7/24 pager support).
- Monitor and troubleshoot network infrastructure and services to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Troubleshoot emergency situations on the network and develop techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Linux platform;
- Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices, and metrics;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design, and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Participate on on-call rotation during non-business hours.
- Previous track record as a Linux system administrator;
- Good knowledge of Linux-based network infrastructure, open source-based solutions, scripting;
- Virtualization, Containers (Kubernetes, Docker), Terraform (IaC), CI/CD and automation;
- Good knowledge of Cloud service platform - (AWS, GCP and OpenStack);
- Good Knowledge of monitoring – Zabbix, Prometheus and Grafana;
- Adaptability to adjust to new environments, work effectively in varied situations and function in changing circumstances;
- Passionate about technology, greatly motivated, curious, open-minded, with a positive and adaptable attitude, quick learner.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.