Novato California 94949 United States of America
3 days ago
Job Title:Lighting Artist
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for more than 30 years. We play in a former military hangar that’s been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge.
Best known for inventing the “Toys-to-Life” genre with Skylanders ® , we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love for you to be part of the family!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.toysforbob.com, on Facebook and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
We are currently on the hunt for a super creative Lighting Artist to join our team and work on our next awesome project.
- Lead lighting implementation across multiplayer and single player levels
- Collaborate with Art Directors in the development of level lighting to establish a compelling, cohesive look
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Meet established quality standards by creating visually stunning game environments and cinematics which are balanced against runtime performance.
- Assist in the documentation and communication of technical and process guidelines for lighting creation and implementation
• 5+ years industry experience with at least 1 title shipped on XBOX\PS4 platforms
• Proven ability to produce compelling visuals through lighting on these platforms, showcased in a portfolio demonstrating considerable range of experience with lighting of environments, characters and cinematics.
• Proactive, self-motivated, and results-oriented; able to translate visual reference or concept effectively into the game without direct supervision
• Expertise in development & implementation of lighting systems and post-process effects
• Excellent understanding of color and color theory, space, material and light in relation to their application in games
• Excellent understanding of game engines, tools, pipelines and development processes
• Able to collaborate with the team leads to achieve solutions that work for all disciplines
• Open to feedback but also possessing an excellent capacity to solve creative and technical problems, and present a compelling vision
• Ability to research and develop lighting techniques; envision or address tools needs, report and solve bugs
• Proficiency with color grading and shader development
• Digital matte painting experience; skybox generation through digital matte painting techniques and/or procedural tools, such as Vue
• Unreal experience preferred.
• knowledge of Maya, Materials and scripting a plus!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Toys for Bob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.