Lighting Artist - Intermediate & Senior
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
12 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Following our recent success with "Next Gen" (now on Netflix), Tangent Animation is expanding and looking for Intermediate & Senior Lighting Artist. If you are seeking to be a part of an exciting project and team-based environment, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work with the Lighting Supervisor and Director of Photography to interpret color keys and lighting style of the production
- Meet production deadlines and communicate clearly with production management
- Work with upstream departments (shot finalling and VFX) to ensure elements are being delivered correctly
- Create key light rigs and help junior artists propagate lighting to child shots
- Maintain expected render time and quality consistent with the production
- Communicate and work to resolve inefficiencies with the Lighting supervisor
- Strong sense of composition, light and color theory
- 1 to 5 years work experience in animation or visual effects industry
- Maintain strong balance between artistic and technical skill, with thorough understanding of Animation workflow
- Strong knowledge of 3D software (Blender, Maya, C4D, 3DS Max) and production ready render engines (Cycles, Arnold, Vray)
- Blender experience will be as asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to use positive tone and attitude to diffuse conflict, provide solutions, and cultivate a fun and productive working environment
Please include portfolio/demo reel and resume with your application.
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.