Lighting Artist, In-Game Cinematics
1 month ago
Job Title:Lighting Artist, In-Game Cinematics
Blizzard Story and Franchise development is looking for a skilled lighting artist for the In-Game Cinematics team, specifically for Diablo 4 and potentially other franchises. You will need to demonstrate an understanding of how light, shadow, and color create environmental tone and mood and possess a thorough understanding of real-time and pre-rendered lighting principles. This position requires a creative and technically proficient approach to lighting environments based on game levels and conceptual illustrations. Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with art leads and director to create cinematic lighting in game cutscenes while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game.
- Work closely with the art, tech art, and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that fit in with the established Diablo 4 style.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.
- A minimum of 3 years' video game development experience, lighting a variety of game environments
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail, and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
- Thorough understanding of real-time and pre-rendered lighting techniques (including vertex lighting, dynamic lights, sub surface scattering, HDR, and pre-baked light map solutions)
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a lighting artist
- Working with proprietary game engines
- Experience lighting pre-rendered film or animation
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Job Status: Fulltime
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.