Lighting Artist (Creation Next Gen Console)
6 days ago
The lighting artist is responsible for the creation of the lighting for specific scenes in the project. You will work with concept and art direction, environment, and level design to ensure the game elements are visually cohesive and support the game's design, art direction, and the technical constraints of the game.
Make a beautifully lit game including all of the game's elements – environment art, characters, and other in-game assets.
- Deliver efficient updates to the game's lighting in accordance with the game's aesthetic.
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work.
- Understand best practices, production pipelines, and workflows.
- Work closely with the Art Director to achieve the desired lighting and mood required for the game.
- Produces mood boards to assist in the art direction pertinent specifically to lighting
- Looks for and provides a reference from all resource platforms to establish and reinforce relevant lighting decision making
- Continually looks for ways to push the limits of the lighting pipeline for better results.
- First and foremost, you are an artist who can take the direction towards, and fully understand what looks good and why.
- Experience in lighting games and or film
- Experience working within a photo-realistic environment.
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines;
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of lighting, atmospheric effects, and subsequent tools.
- Knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows;
- Knowledge of color grading and other post-process effects;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
- Knowledge of workload management software/principles (e.g. Jira);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Bring your enthusiasm about your craft to the team.
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance for you and your family
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS5, Switch, Arcade Machine…), coffee, tea and fresh fruits
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture also known as one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio focuses on bringing Ubisoft Worlds to hyper-casual audiences with a catalog of instant party games and developing Creation HD PC & next Gen Console games - first to be built and shipped from Ubisoft Vietnam.
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.