Licensing Support Representative (Part-Time)
18 days ago
Offworld Industries Ltd. (Offworld) is the independent studio behind the successful military first-person shooter game, “Squad”. Offworld was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2024, Offworld has over 140 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into serving as a publisher supporting mods and have just released our new title into early access, "Starship Troopers: Extermination", a 16-player PvE first-person shooter based on the 1997 cult-classic film.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Licensing Support Representative for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
About the role:
Offworld is seeking a community-driven individual with a passion for people and initiatives to make everyone's lives around them better.
This position will require you to interface with many OWI communities, including B2B interactions, to ensure our communities select the right partners.
A Licensing Support Representative will assist the Community Team with various day-to-day responsibilities, but the primary function is to ensure the smooth operation of our server hosts.
- Responsible for daily interaction with the community through various communication channels. Examples include Discord and Reddit.
- Facilitate feedback to the development team in community spaces.
- Reviewing and moderating server licensing requests and support.
- Providing server hosting, administration, and licensing technical support.
- Analyze your activities and understand how they perform and affect the business. Also, you will be responsible for reporting the results of said activities.
- Execute community-facing initiatives, including volunteer programs, fansite programs, facilitating partner programs, and social media initiatives.
- When applicable, assist QA in managing public playtests.
- Research, write, and edit all copy related to server hosting, administration, and support.
- Respond to partner and host inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Coordinate with the Director of Community on budgeting requirements for events, projects, etc.
- Work with the production and web development team to help plan and develop website features.
- Build consistent processes concerning community efforts, primarily focused on providing the best user experience throughout the customer journey.
- One or more years of experience in community management, customer service, IT, or DevOps.
- Know how to create appropriate responses and where to find the best answers internally.
- Working knowledge of Offworld server hosting, licensing, and administration.
- Experience with Discord and its tools, such as bots. (E.g., Dyno and TicketTool)
- Experience building and moderating online communities.
- Experience managing player expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to be an influential team member that can coordinate with other departments to support each other's goals.
- Comfortable engaging with online entities and individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical and organizational skills.
- High level of personal integrity and accountability.
- Be flexible and versatile to work with multiple partners globally.
- Love video games.
This is a part-time permanent position.
Salary range: $38,000 - $48,000 CAD/annually
This role offers:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Wellness & health spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and Offworld sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.