This job might no longer be available.
Level/Puzzle Designer (Unreal)
1 year ago
We are Rayscape Games. An indie studio based in the UK creating games for the Oculus Quest 2 and PCVR Platforms.
We are looking for a skilled Level Designer who can help us shape interesting and fun progression maps for our upcoming game. You will be designing through a magical and mythical forgotten land, that players will explore and meet challenges along the way.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating spaces players want to investigate and explore. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work for an exciting, young indie studio already in game development.
You can find more about us over here:
And more about the game Arcane Ascent here:
About The Role:
- Build gameplay spaces by sculpting terrain and using custom modeled objects and textures
- Work together with other level designers to build cohesive levels
- Compile feedback, review and translate it into improvements
- Identify gameplay risks and propose alternatives
- Maintain regular internal communication with other level designers and senior management
- Experience with Unreal
- Experience in planning layouts
- Experience with puzzle design
- Knowledge of level design theories and practices
- At least 1+ year experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in game design, software engineering or other relevant qualification
- Creative, open-minded, fair, and always striving for quality
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- A strong self-driven work ethic
- Experience with game industry software tools like JIRA, Miro, Git, Perforce,
- management software processes (Agile, Game Design)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.