Level Game Designer - Pogo (Remote Work Possibility)
28 days ago
Pogo is looking for an experienced Level Designer with a passion for casual/mobile games, to work with our team to build exceptional levels that entertain our players across a variety of casual games. We are looking for a well-rounded level designer who can create levels and updates from concept to release, who can take feedback and iterate on it, and who wants to contribute to the growing live service of Pogo.
Pogo has been the leader for online casual games since 1998. We are the best online casual games destination where players can enjoy titles across multiple genres including, but not limited to: Solitaire, Mahjong, Match 3, and more. Our talented global team delivers high-quality HTML5 games across the top casual genres, which support increasingly sophisticated metagames and social interactions. Pogo’s loyal fans and long-time subscribers come to Pogo for fresh content, daily challenges, great events, new games, and a live service that consistently delivers!
About the Role
You will be working with a tight-knit team of enthusiastic industry professionals from all walks of life. Your job will be to use your passion and knowledge to design and create player-first levels for updates across all Pogo’s live service titles (Bejeweled Stars, Peggle Blast, Mahjong Sanctuary, Jet Set Solitaire, etc.). We are looking for someone who is creative and has strong level design capabilities within the casual market. We are looking for someone who can concept, execute, and deliver fun casual experiences. You will report directly to the Lead Producer and will have some level of interaction with other leads and team members.
- Partner with the Design and Product team to execute on the live service vision outlined by the Senior Product Manager .
- Create fun and accessible levels for a variety of ca sual games that lead to high engagement.
- Define gameplay experience goals for level designs and tune to meet those goals.
- Work with other disciplines (art, narrative, other design groups) to bring levels from concept to ship.
- Generate actionable changes from research and live data.
- Iterate on designs based on playtests, game metrics, team input, and community feedback.
- Be resourceful and solve problems using the tools and time/scope available to efficiently craft unique and fun experiences for players.
- Communicate and collaborate with all team disciplines, including artists, animators, modelers, engineers, and producers to get buy-in from the team and drive a project from initial design to final production.
- Keep abreast of design trends across the casual games market .
- 1+ years of design experience, with a focus on titles in the casual/ mobile market.
- Experience with freemium/F2P design, including MTX and social features in the casual market .
- A passion for crafting amazing casual games & experiences!
- Solid understanding of casual gameplay mechanics /s ystems and how it works into level design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Evidence of work in an agile environment, negotiating live service deliverables.
- An organized and detail-oriented approach to design and authoring.
- Readiness to work with a globally distributed development team.
What is in it for you?
A creative environment, engaging work, excellent benefits, and lots of great perks. Plus, the chance to shape the gaming habits and lifestyles of everyone you know – not just the gamers in your family, but all types of players. At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.