7 days ago
Who We Are:
Intercept Games is a Private Division/Take-Two development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2 (KSP2) as well as an unannounced stylized science-based adventure game. We have a deep love for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of. We believe that by creating an environment of trust, potential for growth, psychological safety, Engineering Excellence, and fun, we can ship some of the most amazing experiences in the world of interactive entertainment.
Are you a passionate designer and collaborative team member? Do you enjoy the challenge of designing and implementing exciting game content? Does bringing new worlds to life a great way to spend your days? Are you down for wrestling with visual scripting for hours to get an event to FEEL just right? If you said 'yes', this may be the role for you!
As a Level Designer, you will design and implement game levels that prompt exploration and problem solving. Every challenge is a wealth of opportunities for creative building and piloting of vehicles.
A successful teammate in this role understands that they are a hub where systems, environment art, narrative, sound, and animation come together to forge powerful player experiences. They collaborate closely with multiple departments, but they ultimately own the quality and timeline of the worlds they build.
What You’ll Take On
- Design and lay out spaces that are readable, traversable, visually interesting, and home to all necessary gameplay.
- Work with the design team to prototype all puzzles, conversations, quests, and player interactions.
- Collaborate with systems designers to polish and tune game systems as they interact with specific content needs.
- Work with leads and other designers to ensure quality of their content. Be open to feedback and revisions where necessary.
What You Bring
- 3+ years in game development as a designer with at least one shipped title.
- Experience in Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Collaborative and responsible. Can deliver on the vision for levels and worlds while coordinating with contributors across multiple departments.
- Passion for delivering narrative through gameplay, rather than narrative being something that occurs during cutscenes between gameplay.
- Familiarity with sandbox and builder games.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work. Innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative, and to grow within and around the company.
- Team Mentality. We strive to build teams that work together and celebrate together through company events such as team gatherings, game release parties, monthly socials, and wellness programs.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $60,000 and $90,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.