20 days ago
Founded by Bad Robot (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is looking for a Level Designer to utilize their industry experience, proficiency with design tools, and a strong sense of scale to further enhance the game’s visual quality and overall player experience.
- Work with Lead Designers, Artists, Engineers, Animation, and Narrative to create compelling environments that reflect the game's creative vision.
- Build basic layouts using set game metrics with Maya or Unreal Engine.
- Work in UE blueprint tool.
- Help maintain consistent NavMesh and gameplay metrics throughout our levels.
- Prioritize well, meet project deadlines, and communicate progress clearly and frequently.
- Present design ideas, receive feedback, and adjust accordingly with rapid iteration.
- A portfolio with a strong sense of scale, pacing, and spatial design.
- Very comfortable using 3d design packages such as Maya, Blender, or 3DS Max.
- A decent understanding of combat design.
- Experience with Unreal Engine Scripting.
- Has demonstrated the ability to improvise and creatively solve problems.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and take initiative.
- All of our roles require up to 10% air travel. Examples include Studio/Team Offsite, Team/Studio Events, etc.
- Architectural Background or a good understanding of the principles.
- Experience working on a multiplayer title.
- Shipped at least one game using Unreal
Annual Salary Range: $85,000 - $90,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our ranges are based on California market rate regardless of work location in the US.
Find out more about our benefits and team on our careers page!
Bad Robot Games recruiters will never ask you for money or to provide financial information during our recruiting process. Scammers often request money transfers for Visa processing fees or travel expenses, as well as personal information including passport info, social security numbers, credit card or bank account information.Bad Robot Games recruiters will never use personal email (including @gmail) accounts when contacting candidates. We also do NOT interview or screen candidates over messenger or text-based chat. All communication will be tied to badrobotgames.com
Bad Robot Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.