Level Design Director (World)
18 days ago
As a World Design Director at Ubi Qc, you'll be the creative mind behind the paths players will navigate, the landscapes they’ll explore, and the unique places they’ll travel as they move within an immersive world.
You draft a content-rich map, and then guide a talented group of level designers to bring its layouts and locations to life. As an empathetic mentor, you step in to help your team polish and combine their pieces to provide players with a cohesive and captivating world at their fingertips.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the mission design director and other core team members to define the vision of a game.
- Brainstorm and research to plan the world guidelines.
- Assist level designers during prototyping (experiment with designs and explore opportunities).
- Outline the gameplay experience (landscape, landmarks, layout, flow, etc.) in world documentation that will serve as a reference and source of inspiration throughout development.
- Coordinate and oversee world level designers as they translate a vision into an engaging player experience.
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints to align all technical, design, graphic, and narrative features.
- Provide mentorship and constructive feedback to your level design team to achieve quality.
- Find solutions to issues uncovered by play testers and cross-functional teams (get to the root of problems to solve them).
What you bring
- A college diploma in Game Design or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 8 years of experience in the video game industry or other relevant experience (architecture or urban planning an asset) and 3 years of leadership experience
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A solid understanding of level design and all stages of video game development
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- An innovative, creative, and collaborative spirit
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it – you have the flexibility to revaluate and adjust your level design direction when and as often as needed!
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latest installment in the critically acclaimed series. The team has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.