Level Design Director - Missions
14 days ago
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading the development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being a Level Design Director - Missions at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Level Design Director - Missions at Ubisoft Toronto, you will provide players with quests to undertake, puzzles to solve, and goals to accomplish as they journey through an immersive world.
You combine game design and narrative elements to craft a selection of rewarding missions and then guide a talented group of level designers to transform vision into reality. As an empathetic mentor, you step in to help your team polish and connect their projects to create a seamless and engaging gameplay experience for players to enjoy.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The daily life of a Level Design Director - Missions at Ubisoft Toronto
- Collaborate with the mission design director and other core team members to define the vision of a game;
- Brainstorm and research to plan the world guidelines;
- Assist level designers during prototyping (experiment with designs and explore opportunities);
- Outline the gameplay experience (landscape, landmarks, layout, flow, etc.) in world documentation that will serve as a reference and source of inspiration throughout development;
- Coordinate and oversee world-level designers as they translate a vision into an engaging player experience;
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints to align all technical, design, graphic, and narrative features;
- Provide mentorship and constructive feedback to your level design team to achieve quality;
- Find solutions to issues uncovered by playtesters and cross-functional teams (get to the root of problems to solve them).
What it takes to make it
- A college diploma in Game Design or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset);
- At least 8 years of experience in the video game industry or other relevant experience and 3 years of leadership experience;
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- A solid understanding of level design and all phases of video game production;
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills;
- An innovative, creative, and collaborative spirit;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it – you have the flexibility to re-evaluate and adjust your level design direction when and as often as needed.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Relocation Assistance
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews and salary increases to help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
We host regular team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, on-site occupational therapy, flexible work hours, and continuing programs to promote a balanced life.
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our differences helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community and is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.