Level Artist [Avatar Project] (f/m/d)
4 days ago
As part of the Avatar Project, you will play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand in hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
What You'll do
As our new Level Artist you you'll have the ownership over creating exceptional high quality game environments with the Ubisoft inhouse engines.
- Design, prototype and implement stunning game worlds and environments for our projects.
- Creation of high quality assets and scenes
- Close collaboration with the Art team and the Level Design team to develop an exceptional player experience
- Asset briefing, prototyping and final propping of in-game scenes with a focus on mood and environmental storytelling
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Scene management, asset integration and performance optimization
What you bring
- 3+ years’ experience in the games industry
- At least one shipped commercial AA or AAA title
- A keen eye for composition, proportion and sense of scale
- Strong ability to tell stories through level art and propping scenes
- Skilled in creating mood and atmosphere for game environments (lighting, composition etc.)
- Solid understanding of industry standard 3D modelling packages as well as texture & material creation workflows
- Ability to optimize the game world to meet performance requirements
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Very good modeling and digital sculpting skills are a plus (Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush, Mudbox)
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter is a plus
- Experience with outsourcing is a plus
What we Bring
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games & all Ubisoft games released on PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For us to review your application it would be great to see a portfolio of your work together with your application.
It would be great if it contain:
- A detailed shot breakdown of your work, including what you are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
- Examples of natural and realistic environments scenes
- Examples of mood and lighting
- Examples of environmental storytelling
- Examples of style variety
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Snowdrop, Avatar and Ubisoft Connect.