Legal Operations Analyst
10 days ago
We’re looking for a highly passionate Legal Ops Analyst for our Trust and Safety Team. As an analyst on this team your primary responsibilities include processing and responding to requests, subpoenas, court orders and search warrants received from law enforcement agencies seeking access to customer information. You will also be responsible for identifying and escalating non-standard requests appropriately; evaluating and responding to emergency requests with appropriate and timely information. You should be self-motivated, reliable, and possess the ability to resolve emergency and standard request issues in an effective and efficient manner, while thoughtfully balancing user safety and privacy.
What you'll be doing
- Reviewing, scrutinizing and responding to emergency requests received from law enforcement agencies for customer information within established procedures
- Participating in on-call emergency requests after-hours, on weekends, and holidays
- Reviewing and responding to a large volume of time-sensitive standard requests received from law enforcement agencies for customer information which are handled in strict accordance with applicable law, our terms of service, and our law enforcement guidelines, and determining when to escalate non-standard requests
- Working to drive improvements to policies, procedures and tooling within the law enforcement response team
- Driving data-supported operational and tooling improvements
What you should have
- A comfort level in receiving and responding to correspondence from law enforcement and government agencies
- Professional and clear communication skills, especially written
- Willingness to participate in rotational weekend duty and possible alternative schedules.
- Experience working independently with impeccable judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- High levels of organization with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing work time efficiently without compromising quality.
- Ability to manage stressful and sensitive situations with composed grace and a level head.
- Ability to work from 5am-2pm EST Monday thru Friday
- Experience with legal process and court documents (e.g. previous work as law enforcement, paralegal, T&S agent)
- We are seeking candidates in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. We cannot provide relocation assistance.
A cover letter is mandatory!
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certificate, or 1-3 years of legal experience
- Familiarity with SQL and Python
- Familiarity with ticketing systems
- Interest in privacy rights and regulations
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays and 4 weeks of PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.