1 month ago
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is seeking a full-time Legal Counsel ( Privacy ). This role will act as both product and commercial counsel, providing legal support for Ubisoft’s business teams and game development studios. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. The Legal Counsel will be part of the global Data Privacy team reporting to the US/LATAM DPO. This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work collaboratively with Ubisoft’s business and production teams, to develop and maintain privacy-by-design strategies that advance Ubisoft’s worldwide goals.
- Review Ubisoft’s games, promotional activities and other technologies, to ensure adherence to our multi-jurisdictional privacy policies.
- Provide strategic and practical advice and counsel to Ubisoft’s production, security, marketing and online teams regarding the impact of privacy laws, regulatory guidance and enforcement actions with respect to Ubisoft’s products, marketing materials and other business needs.
- Draft and negotiate agreements to assist Ubisoft’s commercial endeavors, including agreements for Ubisoft’s analytics, CRM engagement and ad-tech teams.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- JD degree from an accredited law school, and a member of the California State Bar.
- Deep understanding of US and Latin American privacy laws and familiarity with other privacy laws, notably GDPR.
- 3+ years of relevant data privacy experience, including prior in-house or law firm experience.
- Experience with product counseling.
- Experience with drafting and negotiating complex agreements in the software, social-media, advertising or entertainment field.
- Experience working on multiple different projects simultaneously, and building consensus across cross-functional stakeholders.
- Team oriented with excellent legal (and business-friendly) judgment.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Join a great place to work and shape the future of games. Join us and create the unknown.